Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Hill

So I started out tonight's route with every intention to WALK the entire thing...(it didn't work). I made it ten minutes before breaking into a run jammin' out to iheartradio and grinning like a maniac.
Went the direct opposite direction I usually go and found myself quite pleased with the new area and fresh scenery, I thought I'd share the pics with all of you. Now I am fully aware that I would of covered the 3.17 miles much faster had I not been stopping to take pretty pictures but oh well, I had a great time and that's the big thing right?
                                                                          See? Happy!




This here is why my pace was so slow, it doesn't take much to distract but hey if you don't slow down you'll miss everything. Like Quail X-ing signs...
 Mr. Cow that scared the ever-lovin' out of me when I turned my head...




A second Mr. Cow, and two adorable bunnies who seemed to like having their pictures taken.
Then came the hill. I've seen it before, driven over it before but never thought of walking and definitely not running up it. Yet here I was. As I got closer I got a kick out of one last chance to back down...

                                            Easy way                                      or                    Hard way
Halfway through I was secretly cursing myself for not going with the peaceful looking road. That was until I got to this view.
Rewarding view from the top!


Hopefully you can't tell how exhausted I was.
Oh wait..I still have a mile to go.
 Final stretch means another hill in a sick twisted way.



Don't really know what happened but all of a sudden somebody turned out the lights. So does a sweat covered face count as the 'dewy-look'?


I finally made it back home and boy did I high-tail it once I caught sight of the roof. I'm sure I'll be plenty sore tomorrow but I think it is well worth it. Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a hill but at least you have some beautiful scenery. What state are you in? Reminds me a little of some running I did while on a short work trip to AZ last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a pretty big hill, I found out though, that according to the climb ratings given to hills it is only a Cat 5 Climb. That means that it is the lowest grade given to a hill whereas a Cat 1 Climb would be the steepest hill you could climb. It certainly did not feel like an "easy" hill! I'm in Cordes Lakes, Arizona.

      Here's a link to the page about the grades given to hills
      http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/climb_information/

      Delete