Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Camelbak Better Bottle .75L Review

Finally! Words cannot express how happy I am that after four different bottles, I have FINALLY found one that doesn't leak! Hooray! This gem is called the Camelbak Better Bottle and is simply amazing. 

I took the Bubba bottle back to Big 5 where the manager gave me a go-ahead to grab as many bottles as I wanted, fill them with water and do the shake test to my hearts content. Boy did I! I eliminated a Filas bottle I was considering rather quickly by half filling it with water, opening and closing the lid, and shaking it every which way possible (right-side up, diagonally, and upside down). It was an epic fail; I turned it upside down, shook and it sprayed like a sprinkler. Now the Camelbak's turn; this guy won with flying colors. I shook and shook and shook with all my might determined to get something out of it and not a single drop came forth. We have our winner!  (I may have danced around like a moron for a few seconds doing the victory dance.) In case you wonder what that looks like, look here .

Got it in grey, love it! 

 The flip top straw is really awesome especially with how easy they have made it to open, you really can open and drink with one hand. The loop is perfect for a carabiner, looping onto your finger, or hooking on to any pack with a latch on it. I had it on my backpack yesterday and it easily withstood the constant swinging back and forth.

Closer view of the bottle
Has a very sleek design and simple design which is very different than the bottles I usually am drawn to, see here and here . I really am a sucker for pretty/adorable bottles and that may be why I had such a hard time with them because I got them based off looks. Don't do that. 

The top with the bite-valve
Now, I will point out that if you are unfamiliar with bite-valve straws (I was) it will be awkward the first few times you use it. I fought with it for a while until I figured out how to bite and sip efficiently and I don't doubt that I looked pretty goofy doing it. (Feel free to practice drinking from this alone I won't judge).

Measurements along the backside
I don't know why but it seems like if I can see exactly how much water I am consuming then I get on a roll and keep drinking it. Very good in my book as long as I don't over-hydrate which is as bad as being dehydrated.  That along with having the straw makes it easier I think to sip mindlessly and then before you know it you've gone through the bottle and it's time to refill. Again, good in my book as long as you don't overdo it. 

Oh one more thing, depending on where you get it it can range from $10-$20 which is very reasonable for a non-leaky bottle.

QOTD: Ever owned a Camelbak bottle or pack? What is you're holy grail bottle?




No comments:

Post a Comment